Monday, June 11, 2012

Beauty of Decay - Inspiration from Instagram

I am at a very strange phase of my life right now.  My sense of beauty has taken on some new definitions. I like polished, sophisticated but unpretentious beauty.  But I am now more drawn to unintentional beauty or finding beauty in things that most or some people may hold a totally different opinion.

Here is a picture I snatched from Instagram awhile back simply because I like how flaky the peelings are.
And I want to replicate that flakiness in my work. They look so pretty to me.

It will come to me....the idea, I mean.


P.S. Check out my friends on Mud Colony

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am dying to see what you come up with! I am madly in love with anything peeling and chipped, so the idea of clay with peeling layers really fascinates me! Good luck on this! I'll be waiting to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know I am not the only one liking this.....I think the idea is bubbling up......will see if I have time to try it out this weekend. Cheers!

      Delete