Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nerikomi in a stack

It has been awhile since our last chat.  I think I skipped a week. I am usually fairly good at doing a post or 2 a week. Can't remember what actually happened last week.  I'm a bit under the weather but nothing can keep me away from my clay. No way! I waited patiently all week to immerse myself in clay.   I trimmed 5 bowls even though I can feel the dizziness in my head and sanded these beautiful Nerikomi plates and bowls. 

They look so good stacking up together. The white porcelain bowl was wheel-thrown. It just happened to be in the kiln with the rest.   The pure white and waviness just work with the Nerikomi stack.   I am warping the blue/white 4-units stack up as a house warming gift for my colleague. He happens to have a family of four.  We are having a luncheon at his apartment club house next Sat. 

Got to do a posting at Mud Colony now. Come check it out! Ciao! 









No comments:

Post a Comment